BAYSWATER WA Suburb
Why it’s good to live in Bayswater
With a location just 6km from the CBD and nestled on the banks of the Swan River, Bayswater has the best of both worlds when it comes to location. Residents can catch the train on the Midland line to the city in a few short minutes. Spending weekends enjoying the vast riverside parklands that the suburb has to offer.
Bayswater has been going through somewhat of a gentrification over the last number of years. Young families and professionals moving into the area, building or restoring homes. The town center has a number of cafés and a recently opened small bar. Its local sports clubs are very active. Offering entertainment and meals to local residents several nights a week.
From September 2019, the town center will also host a weekly growers market every Saturday morning.
Bayswater residents can walk to local cafes and small bars located in the town centre. Bayswater is also part of an extensive bike path network. Cyclists can travel as far as Ellenbrook or Fremantle. All on the bike path network. The suburb is home to Riverside Gardens. One of Perth’s most popular off-lead dog parks.
Bayswater is home to a number of community groups. Which run fun events year round in Bayswater WA.
Bayswater currently has two train stations on the Midland line. (Bayswater and Meltham). The stations link up to the Transperth rail network. Commencing in 2020, Bayswater Station is set to have a brand new train station. Costing in excess of $150 million. Upon completion, the station will service the Midland line and Forrestfield Airport Link. Along with the new Ellenbrook/Morley line. This will make the Bayswater train station one of the most important transport hubs in Perth.
Sports and recreation
Bayswater WA has a very active sporting community with a large number of clubs located within the suburb:
- (Rowing) ANA Rowing Club (Garratt Road Bridge)
- (Bowls and other) Bayswater Bowls and Recreation Club – includes bowls, street roller hockey as well as a number of community groups (Murray Street Bayswater).
- (Croquet) Bayswater Croquet Club (Murray Street Bayswater)
- (Soccer) Bayswater City Soccer Club (Cnr Garratt and Whatley Bayswater)
- (Footy) Bayswater Football Club/Bayswater Junior Football Club (Coode Street Bayswater)
- (Cricket) Morley Districts Cricket Club (Coode Street Bayswater)
- (Paddle Sport) Bayswater Paddlesports Club
- (Tennis) Bayswater Tennis Club (Murray Street Bayswater)
- Variety of fitness gyms (F45, Snap Fitness 247)
Schools in Bayswater WA 6053
Who lives in Bayswater (2016 CENSUS SUMMARY)
- Population 14,432
- Median age of residents (years) 38
- Average household size (persons) 2
- Number of occupied dwellings 5,612
- Number of unoccupied dwellings 659
- Median weekly household income $1,705
- Median monthly mortgage repayment $2,100
- Total private dwellings 6,264
News about bayswaterMore Articles
Ready. Set. Sell!
Selling properties in Bayswater WA and nearby suburbs for nearly thirty years give you the seller of a property a ton of real estate experience to draw apon.
Not just selling for selling sake. If we believe your property can sell for more we will work for you to get the extra dollars. If we believe that the market has peaked and it is time to move on we are not afraid of giving you our opinion. But in the end, we are here to support you for what you want to do! With an extensive live buyer database, various online marketing functions and local area marketing functions we are confident that we can do the best job for you when it comes to selling your property in Bayswater and nearby suburbs. Contact Us Today.